logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Test if POI is part of a line

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Oct 10 21:23:35 BST 2022

Hi (another) Felix,

yes, you can omit the clause mkgmap:line2poi=true.
I've only added this check to make clearer that the rule only works with the --add-pois-to-lines option.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Felix Herwegh <mlmmduk at herwegh.de>
Gesendet: Montag, 10. Oktober 2022 21:39
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Test if POI is part of a line

Hey,

I'm new here (Hello!), so please be patient if I'm missing points ;-)

@ Felix

> ...so I will put useless [] symbols into the map - as there is no way to check whether or not it is attached to a routable line.

But couldn't you check whether the line the point is attached to later on would become a routable line? Basically, because the points inherit all tags from the lines when using --add-poi-to-lines, by running through the same decision tree that (later on) is used in the lines file already in the points file? Optimally from some clever include file to avoid redundancy?

@ Gerd

> mkgmap:line2poi=true & highway=* & mkgmap:from-node:barrier=gate [...]

Why is "mkgmap:line2poi=true" required? Shouldn't only acting on mkgmap:from-node:barrier=gate in conjunction with the lines tag suffice here?

Cheers

another Felix