logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap:area2poi placement

From lig fietser ligfietser at hotmail.com on Wed Apr 6 08:46:49 BST 2022

Hi,
I've noticed on my map that mkgmap places the poi of an area like the  "Nationalpark Niedersächsisches Wattenmeer" (https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/157811)  outside of the National Park, so not in the sea but on the mainland near Wittmund. I prefer to place those pois inside such odd shapes polygons. OSM carto puts the label just east of Borkum.  I'm not sure if there was a mkgmap option how to control this behaviour? I know it can be done by manipulating the OSM data and add a label, but I prefer to control this in mkgmap.