logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Contour lines with "Artefacts" near a vertical line situated at W0° 00' 00"

From gerard-mkgmap at gmx.com gerard-mkgmap at gmx.com on Sat Mar 12 11:40:35 GMT 2022

Hi Gerd and Bernhard,

I made a lot of complementary tests that are still in progress to try to
understand the issue.
Among these tests, the main results are:

1)  Just after the conversion of one elementary tile (ex: N45W001.HGT ) with
hgt2osm, I can see the artefacts when I edit "mycontour.osm.pbf"  with JOSM.

2) I generate contour lines for a large surface comprising Benelux and
France, except a vertical band around 0%  (see:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r3v3UBc_Cfdm2vw1VepIvN3oM1JJVBp3/view?usp=s
haring

NB: I use Data from SONNY
https://data.europa.eu/data/datasets/dtm-europe?locale=en), because they are
for me the best data for Europe, data are from 2021 and comprising LIDAR
measurement.
--> The result after: All the contour lines are perfect. I don't see any
problem !!

3) I generate contour lines for the vertical band around 0° In France and a
local zone in SPAIN
--> The Result: All contourlines have the Artefact at 0°

4) I choose also to generate contourlines from an another source of DEM data
for France around 0° (ALOS data from Japan Aerospace
https://www.eorc.jaxa.jp/ALOS/en/index_e.htm)
--> The Result : Contourlines have all the same artefacts, just after
conversion with hgt2osm.

It is very clear for me, that SPLITTER and MKGMAP do  perfectly their jobs.

For now, I will try to have a look on using  osm2srtm, but I am not sure
that it is possible to have the choice to use the recent data from SONNY as
input files !!

Best regards,

Gerard