logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] option link-pois-to-ways information

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Feb 16 12:28:31 GMT 2022

Hi Eric,

the dead-end-check is performed if the corresponding option --report-dead-end is given
It is done after(!) the style rules were processed and the road network is known.
A dead-end is a place on a oneway road where you can either no go back from or not come to
with a vehicle.

No idea how this is related to your service roads problem.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von ankeric.osm at gmail.com <ankeric.osm at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 16. Februar 2022 11:57
An: 'Development list for mkgmap'
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] option link-pois-to-ways information

Hi Gerd,

Question ("On Topic" or "Off Topic"):

Has mkgmap (Internal tags) an option to "Set mkgmap:dead-end = true"?

I do read:
mkgmap:dead-end-check   Set to false to disable the dead-end-check for a specific way   report-dead-ends
But: what is "dead-end-check"?

I would like to have this option:

highway=service | highway=track & mkgmap:dead-end = true {set access=private}
(Do not ignore a dead-end mountain valley, f.i.)
(OsmAnd can handle "access=private". Garmin cannot, but I can manually ignore)

I do use:
bicycle=destination { set highway=service; set bicycle=yes; set mkgmap:throughroute=no }

But I don't use:
"mkgmap:throughroute=no" for navigation. So: useless???
Because I don't know how to...

BTW, FWIW:
In the Netherlands "they" have set {access=private} on ALL "highway=service" "service=driveway" (oké, only in my region).
Making Address navigation by Garmin impossible.

AnkEric