logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] option link-pois-to-ways information

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Tue Feb 15 16:41:46 GMT 2022

Hi Gerd

highway=street_lamp was just an example of a POI that can get linked to
a WAY that can be ignored. There are others that are valid OSM tagging
that are irrelevant to the highway behaviour.

Actually, regardless of --link-pois-to-ways, there is a problem in the
scenario where there is typical road system linked to a small road
system by just a road with mkgmap:throughroute=no and a footway.
BaseCamp and the eTrex 30x really will route over the footway to get
into the small road system. MapSource and, I think, the eTrex HCx will
use the road.

I realise that this set-up seems unlikely, but can happen if there is
an inconsistency in the tagging of roads in the small system that
results in one not having mkgmap:throughroute=no that is joined to the
footway. My example happened in a business park.

My style makes this problem more likely to happen, while also trying to
fix it, by not setting mkgmap:throughroute=no unless there seems to be
a good reason for it. Good reasons are when there is a barrier on a
service road. This is the test I want to improve.

Ticker