logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] option link-pois-to-ways information

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Tue Feb 15 12:37:17 GMT 2022

Hi all

To improve routing, I'd like to get information about the POIS that are
being linked to a WAY that can be used as part of the style/lines
processing.

The problem I'm trying to solve is to restrict car routing through some
types of very low level roads (eg service) when there is a barrier.
Setting mkgmap:throughroute=no on these works nicely with MapSource and
older devices but BaseCamp and newer devices will happily route over a
footpath to avoid a throughroute=no section.

At the moment, with --link-pois-to-ways, if the POI has a barrier or
highway tag, mkgmap:way-has-pois is set true. This can be tested by
lines, inc/access etc, but there is no way to find out if it is a
significant barrier or something like highway=street_lamp.

points processing can set mkgmap: access & road_speed/class variables
that are handled by inbuild code after lines processing to imposes more
restrictions on the way and/or reduces speed/class; this is no use for
what I want to do.

Possibilities are:
1/ have options to say which POI tag/value combinations cause
   link-pois-to-ways
2/ set new variables on the way, eg mkgmap:barrier_tags/highway_tags,
   which are a list of distinct POI highway/barrier tag values.

Ticker