logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Code to read locked maps

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Jan 26 12:01:58 GMT 2022

Hi all,

The source code [1] for GPXSee [2] contains a routine demangle() which "unlocks" a locked TRE file.
I was aware that there are tools which can do that but never saw open source so far.
It's easy to add this in TREFileReader. I've already patches for mkgmap and display tool
which allow to read e.g. Adria Topo with e.g. RgnDisplay or NetDisplay.
Newer maps with Huffman encoded labels (in GMP file) do not yet work, I only managed to extract some labels
from LBL so far.

I don't plan to add support in mkgmap to write locked maps, but maybe mkgmap will be able to write NT maps
sometimes.

Gerd

[1] https://github.com/tumic0/GPXSee/blob/master/src/map/IMG/trefile.cpp
[2] https://www.gpxsee.org/