logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] use of --mdr7-del can break address search/street search

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Thu Jan 20 20:42:55 GMT 2022

Hi Gerd

It could be trying to represent something as follows:

For a device, there is no MDR17 string, so no possibility of using this
to have index entries for parts of the street name.

A street LBL can have any number of prefix / suffix chars.
Multiple mdr7 repeat records can be generated for the same label, each
specifying a prefix and suffix marker count/index to indicate that part
of the label to be searchable.

MdrDisplay shows these prefix/suffix indexes

Ticker