logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] do people think mkgmap tests pass? (YES, clean pass on NetBSD)

From Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com on Wed Jan 5 00:52:42 GMT 2022

Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com> writes:

> sorry, last trunk version was r4839, not r4843. Tests are only executed for trunk.

Following up in public:

  The problem was that on my system, I had no "java" in $PATH.  That's
  because pkgsrc has
    -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  78800 Dec 13 17:39 /usr/pkg/java/openjdk11/bin/java
    -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel   7712 Dec 13 18:20 /usr/pkg/java/openjdk8/bin/java
  and you are supposed to add one of those.  I use the openjdk11 one
  when I run mkgmap, and I tend to like explicit config and not a
  choose-this-one symlink.

  I didn't notice because my build of ant is hard-wired to the openjd11
  version, and "ant dist" just workd.

  It might be nice for the tests to somehow notice that there is no
  java.  Or to ask ant what the path is?  But I can see why nobody wants
  to spend the time to do that...

  With java in path (a symlink from $HOME/bin/java to the openjdk11 one,
  with $HOME/bin in $PATH), I get a clean pass on NetBSD 9 with
  openjdk11 from pkgsrc-2021Q4.

Thanks for the hints.

Greg