logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] The x prepended to the *.typ file

From Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com on Sun Sep 19 16:38:09 BST 2021

I have wondered where that "x-file" came from for years. To me, it's
totally unnecessary and confusing. I thought my typ file editor, TypViewer,
was creating it.
Even after reading the email and replies, I still don't understand the
reasoning behind having mkgmap creating this "backup" copy in the first
place but I think it should be got rid of.

Thanks for clearing up the mystery!

Dave

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska