logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap doing excessive writing

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Sep 13 17:46:07 BST 2021

Hi Thomas,

yes, I also thought about something like that. I still have to learn some details of the gmapi format and the generated files and dependencies between them.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Thomas Morgenstern <webmaster at img2ms.de>
Gesendet: Montag, 13. September 2021 18:01
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] mkgmap doing excessive writing

I suggest the new option should be named reuse=<comma separated list of files, wildcards enabled>. exampel  reuse=40000001.img, 40005*.img. If this option is used, then mkgmap should not overwrite the listed folders in the <name>gmap. Naturally mkgmap should write a new tdb, preview.img, mdr and idx. In most cases the reuse folders contains Contourlines or other static content.

Thomas