logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap doing excessive writing and converting to disk if used with --gmapi option

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed Sep 8 15:07:03 BST 2021

Well I could give it 20 GB ram disk, maybe 32 but then I need to render on
less than 12 processes 64GB ram available). But that is not enough for Asia
continent map, and I guess super tight for Europe...

Mkgmap could definitely keep those .tmp files in memory. But the important
bit is the gmap files not needeed to be written.... Also would save quite
some CPU time.