logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problem with gmapi and lonf name for TYP file

From Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Jun 25 07:18:37 BST 2021

Hi,

in a private mail from Thomas Morgenstern I was informed that mkgmap may write invalid gmapi data if the typ file has a long name.
I can reproduce this problem with a single input file and our sample typ file like this
java -jar dist\mkgmap.jar --gmapi resources\typ-files\sameOrder.txt 63240001.o5m

The problem shows up in Mapsource which cannot create gmapsupp files for such a gmap file, it crashes instead

I guess mkgmap should use the same name for the gmapi format that is used for the gmapsupp.img, so SAMEORDE.TYP
Or maybe the family id should be used instead, e.g. 6324.TYP?