logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Basecamp crashes on search if searching for many 2+ word phrases

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Tue Jun 1 21:32:24 BST 2021

A user of my maps just told me that there are some crashes in the Basecamp
search. There is a clear pattern - only search phrases of minimum 2 words
with a space between cause crashes.

I tested it on my maps, and on other mkgmap created maps and the crashes
are more or less happening on all maps.

For Switzerland some places causing crashes:
Verbier Village
Saas Fee
Col de Jaman
Pic chaussy
Pic chosy

Also
2) the search must be the first from BC execution
3) if a good search already has been executed (single word), then the crash
rarely occurs

Not happening with Garmin's own maps. The more entries (POIs) of the name
exist - the more likely? Seems to happen more often in the French part of
Switzerland compared to the Garmin part. But as many words like Saas Fee do
not contain any special characters - I do not think it is related to any
codepage problem.