logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] new branch low-res-opt to test improvements for filters

From Thomas Morgenstern webmaster at img2ms.de on Wed May 5 10:24:00 BST 2021

before  misanderstandings arise, maybee you can post here screenshot's ?
by  carrouting I mostly use 300 m details in cities. By using this
resolution, the map should very accurat, not simplified. By very long
travels 3 km details. Using 3 km, the map can bee simplified. I don't
know, how this is correspondending to Levels/resolution. Can you post
screenshot's #old style# vs #simplified style' ?.

thomas

[quote]
Hi Karl,
But even then you will never use the overview map.

What resolution are you actually using on your device if routing on a
highway? I guess 19 or 20...
The thing is simply with high DP filter value that you can see the
highway pretty straight, but as the route itself is not simplifed that
much in Basecamp. The route will not be 1:1 visually of the map. But
still very easy to see the the underlying highway. if you plan a route
from Berlin to Mardrid, then zoom out and see the whole route - then
it's not so beautiful anymore. But can any mkgmap created map actually
route from Berlin to Madrid without via points? It's a long time that I
looked at mgkmap created maps for car routing and some years ago this
was not possible.[/qoute]