logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] tile takes very long time to generate

From 7770 7770 at foskan.eu on Mon Mar 8 18:17:42 GMT 2021

Hi.
I have uploaded the splitter output
http://files.mkgmap.org.uk/download/502/77700003.osm.pbf

This is not the largest splitted pbf, but it generates the largest img-file.
Around 12 MB compared to most other tiles which end up being 4-8 MB.

I tested running mkgmap (--max-jobs=1) with this file only as input (with
default style as well), it took 23 minutes before it was done, including any
startup over head.

I then took one random other pbf file and run mkgmap with the same parameters,
it took 48 seconds including startup and overhead.

I have a portion of data covering nordic and baltic countries, poland, chech,
slovakia, austria, switserland, parts of germany and aslo greenland.

Splitter options:
java -Xmx2200m -jar ${SPLITTER} \
--output-dir=./splitted/ \
--mapid=77700001 \
--max-nodes=1275000 \
--no-trim \
kartdata/nord_ost.o5m

mkgmap options:
java -Xmx2800m -jar ${MKGMAP} \
--max-jobs \
--family-name="some name" \
--family-id=7770 \
--mapname=77710001 \
--draw-priority=20 \
--latin1 \
--net --route --index --split-name-index \
--housenumbers \
--add-boundary-nodes-at-admin-boundaries=2 \
--output-dir=./tiles_7771/ \
--bounds=bounds/ \
--precomp-sea=sea/ \
--style-file=styles_7771/ \
--description="some name" \
--add-pois-to-areas \
--lower-case \
./splitted/777*.pbf

is there some other tool or some options i can give to java runtime instead of
using virualvm to see the amount of time/cpu spent in various sections of the
program?

Regards
Karl