logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] OT: Style to help mapping?

From Joris Bo jorisbo at hotmail.com on Thu Jan 21 08:09:22 GMT 2021

Hi Gerd,

My style is a copy of www.openstreetmap.org

Culvert, track(type), meadow and farmland  are distinguishable.
Because of usage osm colors I agree not specifically good readable on smaller gps, but on my Oregon 650, its fine.

You can make more contrast colors in de typ-file  yourself off course
https://github.com/Jorisbo/Mkgmap-Mapnik-Style-Garmin

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Joris Bo
jorisbo at hotmail.com

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> Namens Gerd Petermann
Verzonden: donderdag 21 januari 2021 08:05
Aan: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Onderwerp: [mkgmap-dev] OT: Style to help mapping?

Hi all,

with new Bing areal images I started mapping the area around my home town. This has an effect on my cycling activities as well, I am now much more interested in details reg. e.g. highway=track without tracktype or highways crossing small waterways  (bridge or tunnel=culvert?) as well as different landuses like meadow and farmland.

Does anybody know a public map style  that hilites those details?