logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] cliffs and other one sided objects

From michael lohr micha.lohr at web.de on Thu Dec 31 16:52:56 GMT 2020

I'm not sure I understand your question correctly, but I'll try:

Mkgmap or the TYP file have no way of knowing which side of the cliff is
up or down - you'll have to rely on the OSM data to be correct. To
display it on the map, use asymmetrical lines. Commonly used for cliffs
is are lines that have triangles one one side that point inward/to the
upper side. To achieve that the line in the TYP file should have the
triangles pointing up.