logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mapnik TYP, forest and wetland

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Mon Nov 2 18:27:39 GMT 2020

Hi Karl

The default draworder is probably device specific. It has been found
that most polygon have the same priority, with, for some reason, just a
few different - I think there is a wiki page on this.

Without --order-by-decreasing area, the output order is as good as
random, so one wetland might be over a forest, another underneath it.
Even more interesting, on some devices, you might see a feature for a
few seconds but then it will be overwritten by another with the same or
higher draworder. This can be very obvious if you scroll across a map.
My eTrex HCx did this because it started to display things as soon as
possible. My eTrex 30x just shows a blank bit of screen until it is
sure it has found all the features to display.

Ticker