logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing problem on GPSMAP 276Cx

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Tue Oct 13 09:42:57 BST 2020

Hi

Also:

Routes through ferry terminals often involve service roads with a low
road-class. Fastest time routing avoids using lower class roads in the
middle of a journey.

Again, in a terminal there are often barriers and roads marked as
access=customer or similar and these might set mkgmap:throughroute=no,
again preventing routing.

In complex terminals, there often isn't a clear route through onto the
ferry - I spent a while examining the terminals at both ends of a ferry
and fixing various one-ways etc.

Finally, after the doing the above, I still couldn't make this
particular ferry work. Changing the ferry to a standard road didn't fix
it. I could route from just outside one terminal to just outside the
terminal at the other end, but not to points further along the road. I
think there might be a problem with the internal routing structures
(RouteCenter) where there is a single long distance as the only
connection within a RouteCenter and this is also the only connection
between the other RouteCenters at either end.

Ticker