logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Resurrect adjust-turn-headings

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Mon Sep 21 08:32:11 BST 2020

Hi Gerd

Examining compactDir logic there seem to be some strange issues, eg

o When an start-of-road generates the first arc in a RouteNode, the
pairing of arcs for any following mid-section of other road is upset.

o It seems strange that the code stops using compact format when the
initial headings of two or more roads are in the same 1/16 degree
segment.

I've some thoughts as to what the format is trying to imply about how
it should be used, and if I can get BaseCamp and/or MapSource to show
me reasonable turnangles on routes, test this by re-coding it to my
assumptions and see what happens.

As you suggest, it's a good idea to disable the AngleChecker. However
I'm going to try to use compactDir for all RouteNodes and if it works,
then go back to looking at my original problems of turn pop-ups.

Ticker