logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Resurrect adjust-turn-headings

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Fri Sep 18 14:40:11 BST 2020

Hi

I use mkgmap/Garmin a lot for road routing and driving and frequently
find cases where
1/ exit roads cause pop-ups telling me to turn to stay on the main
road.
2/ an obvious turn is needed to stay on the same road and no pop-up is
generated.

These were some of problems that --adjust-turn-headings with code in
RouteNode.java::tweezeArcs() was designed to solve.

I'd like to have a go at reinstating it and tweaking it a bit to see if
I can overcome some of the problems mentioned in some of the threads,
eg

http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Possible-problem-with-adjust-turn-headin
gs-td5851790.html
http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/What-is-the-idea-behind-adjust-turn-head
ings-td5851885.html

before it was removed in r3649.

I'm considering putting the code in imgfmt/app/net/AngleChecker.java

Case 2/ can have further complications because OSM doesn't provide
information when you have to give way as you turn to stay on the same
road.

Another pop-up I'd like to see is the minor road you wish to stay on is
intersected by a more major road and you have to give way. Does anyone
know if there is any way of triggering this?

Ticker