logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Error in Africa?

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Mon Sep 14 14:17:11 BST 2020

Hi Gerd

I don't understand how splitting the road in addRoadsWithoutLoops()
changes anything - won't the bits (and the other OSM ways with same
typ/names/class/speed) just be joined up again during StyledConverted
end() processing in the call mergeRoads().

For a road with many points, it is going to be LineSplitterFilter that
creates too many road segments. Probably the easiest way to prevent
this many-pointed road causing this problem is to split it before
invoking the filter but after mergeRoads(). However I maintain that a
single OSM way won't cause the problem and so stopping RoadMerger from
creating the problem is a safe solution. RoadMerger.MAX_MERGED_POINTS
should be re-expressed as per StyledConverter.MAX_ROAD_POINTS.

I understand the change to remove the warning in MapSplitter about a
single item being too big.

Ticker