logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] default style lines enhancements

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Wed Jul 29 10:36:21 BST 2020

Hi Greg

I was only going to join up paths that share a node with the edge of
the car park - I wasn't going to do anything with paths that just go
near the edge.

I disagree with the assertion that there are always parking isles and
if these don't exist in the OSM data for a car park it has not been
mapped correctly and should be fixed. This might be true in cities and
out-of-town shopping areas but is rarely true in the UK for car parks
in woods etc.

Personally I disagree with the OSM requirement that footways from in/on
the car park should be joined - this is just making up data that
doesn't exist on the ground.

When I've come across a footpath that goes into a car park but doesn't
share a node or join correctly, I do try and fix them by both joining a
ll the ways and by making them share nodes with the car park edge.

Ticker