logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Performance of POI search on the Device

From Franco Bez franco.bez at web.de on Tue Jul 28 20:52:43 BST 2020

Hi Gerd,

now this sounds at least a little promissing for overlays with little data.

I assume that my contourlines overlay that additionally holds the DEM
data for hill shading (europe is almost 4GB) can not be improved that way.

With the other overlays I'm a little lost on how to get bigger tiles.

Usually I split the data once and then build all the map flavours from
the same tiles.

Of course the map containing all the roads and routing information needs
to have smaller tiles than the overlays.

Most likely I will have to split the data with different settings for
each map flavour.

Or is there any way of joining several osm-tiles into one garmin-tile
when creating the gmapsupp image?

Ciao,

 Franco