logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] default style lines enhancements

From nick osm at pinns.co.uk on Sat Jul 25 11:11:56 BST 2020

Hi Ticker,

I agree with Gerd that creating a route around all car parks may not be
ideal.

I fear that in most of the cases it will create extra lines when they
aren't necessary .

When an osm mapper is not concerned about  routing across car parks ,
it seems only in certain cases paths stop on the outline of a car park
and in my experience some 'ends'  just get plonked on top of the carpark !

However, as with pedestrian areas, unfortunately , there are other
polygons, ie parks ,golf courses, grass lands, which are equally
problematic.

Some plot highway=virtual to ensure some routing - although this gets
frowned upon by some.

Ideally mkgmap  identifies ends of highways inside a polygon and joins
them, but that might also be unsatisfactory.

Anyway, thanks for your great efforts to bring this style  up  to date !

Nick