logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Unable to search for Address - GPSMAP64s

From Andrew Morris morrisa at shaw.ca on Wed Jul 22 22:20:03 BST 2020

So after some digging (and testing is still ongoing) I *think* I may
have figured out what is going on.  My use of the --country-abbr='CA'
instead of --country-abbr='CAN' may have been marking the addresses as
not Canadian and thus they weren't showing.  I've tried removing the
option completely hoping mkgmap would pick it up from the metadata, but
I don't think that worked.  I'm going to need to start doing a better
test plan.  Right now I'm kind of spinning my wheels and I'm on like
build 15.

Also there (at least in my opinion) is a bug in the firmware where if a
map is disabled it shouldn't use that map file for address information,
but it does.

I'll update as soon as I get some results.  Unfortunately this process
is slow (around 40 minutes each try) and I get distracted with other
things...

Thank you for the suggestion on the -c template.args and geonames-file
options.  I'll give that a try on my next run.