logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Road speed through urban areas

From Fernando Trebien fernando.trebien at gmail.com on Tue Jul 7 04:25:24 BST 2020

Thank you very much for your reply, Greg.

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 10:55 PM Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com> wrote:
> The next problem is that there is maxspeed and maxspeed:practical, and
> if you cannot drive at the speed limit usually, you should
>
>   set maxspeed:practical
>
>   check that if maxspeed:practical exists, mkgmpa uses it as the speed
>   limit

Just to be sure: does mkgmap understand maxspeed:practical by default?
I didn't find any reference to maxspeed:practical in the most recent
mkgmap code, and an old patch submission [1] had code with
maxspeed:practical which is not part of the latest default style. I
believe this means a custom style would be necessary, is that right?

[1] http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2013q3/018684.html

Best regards,

--
Fernando Trebien