logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Documentation build processes - Question for Steve Ratcliffe

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Jun 22 10:10:27 BST 2020

Hi Ticker

 > The process for converting files like {svn}/doc/typ-compiler.txt to
 > mkgmap-rNNNN.zip:doc/typ-compiler.txt are failing.
 >
 > For a while the resultant typ-compiler.txt has been chopped off after
 > 8193 bytes. tuning.txt is zero bytes.

I'm looking into that failure.  Running the commands locally gives me a
typ-compiler.txt of size 15402 which looks correct, and tuning.txt is ok
too.

 > Also, what are the tools used to build the .txt and html versions of
 > these files.

The documentation is created by running the script:

	scripts/download/mkdoc

To successfully run the script you first need to install asciidoc
(https://asciidoc.org/) and fop (https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/).

The following python packages are also required:

	mwtext mkgmap-pygments pygments-xslfo-formatter

In case it matters the actual versions in use are:

	fop 1.1:
http://mirror.ox.ac.uk/sites/rsync.apache.org/xmlgraphics/fop/binaries/fop-1.1-bin.tar.gz

	asciidoc is https://asciidoc.googlecode.com/hg/#7c0bc8eacba9 but that
	url no longer exists.