logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Documenting the various sorts of file

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Jun 10 20:49:16 BST 2020

Hi ael,

FileKind.java is about the Garmin internal files. I am not sure what kind of list you want to create. Besides OSM (*.osm.pbf, .o5m, *.xml and some compressed variants) and polish format (.mp) the program reads various files in many formats, many of them are configuration files, some contain preprocessed OSM data. I also reads the *.IMG format.
DEM data (*.hgt) is accepted in different formats.

Do you want to update the out-aged file resources\help\en\inputs ?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von ael <witwall3 at disroot.org>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 10. Juni 2020 14:32
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] Documenting the various sorts of file

The current help doesn't explain what sorts of files can be processed.
What documentation there is seems to be scattered, and difficult to
discover.

Having skimmed the source, it looks as if
   FileKind.java
is the place where the various sorts are handled.

I am not quite sure where the
  test-map:all-elements and test-map:test-points
fit in.

Is there any chance that someone who knows the source properly could
enhance the help messsage? Or document it somewhere else.

ael