logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] nearby-POI: What to do with several POI arranged on a circle?

From Randolph J. Herber army.bronze.star at gmail.com on Thu May 7 14:21:59 BST 2020

Perhaps averaging the latitude and longitude coordinates of all the
points separately would work. That is not quite the same as meet in the
middle. If the points are evenly spaced around the edge of a circle,
even though the latitude and longitude scalings (except at the equator)
are not the same. What I believe you are trying to do is minimize the
total distance from the selected point to the collection of points.

Randolph J. Herber