logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] default style points enhancements

From AnkEric ankeric.osm at gmail.com on Wed Apr 22 16:07:11 BST 2020

Nice!

I have reviewed mapnik.txt in relation to default style.
Now I'm capable of generating (in automation) an Excel showing all tags,
values and usage.
Also for my own style.

TYPFILE_mapnik_2020-04-22.xlsx
<http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/file/t344065/TYPFILE_mapnik_2020-04-22.xlsx>

In this Excel I have made some remarks or suggestions (in red).
Of course this was a manual action.

TYPFILE_Mapnik_Reviewed.xlsx
<http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/file/t344065/TYPFILE_Mapnik_Reviewed.xlsx>

In your list of POI's I miss:

- leisure=picnic_table

picnic_site most often has also a picnic_table, but not always.
picnic_site might have more objects (hut, shelter, benches, drinking water,
barbecue, fireplace).
Or picnic_site is just a nice view only, no amenity.
In wet circumstances we are only interested in picnic_table, not in
picnic_site.
leisure=picnic_table is a de facto tag since 2014. Rendered by JOSM since
2014.