logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] documentation improvement

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Apr 7 08:57:24 BST 2020

Hi Ticker,

I think this was discussed before and that discussion lead to the chapter about template.args. My suggestion would be to add a hint that the last given description is used by the combiners. I found usage in OverviewBuilder, TdbBuilder, and GmapsuppBuilder, not sure what the other combiners use. NsisBuilder and GmapiBuilder should be checked.
I don't like the idea to introduce just another "description" option with unclear meaning, we already have so many.
I also don't like the idea that we might break backward compatibility.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Montag, 6. April 2020 19:01
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] documentation improvement

Hi

This explains an annoyance I've had with my newer eTrex 30x.

On the eTrex HCx, the map selection function uses the --family-name
value. The same map on the 30x just gave the name of one of the tiles,
which, now I look, was always the last.

Putting a final --description after the tile definitions now gives me
something that will work sensibly on both.

I'd like to request an enhancement that gmapSuppBuilder uses a new
option instead of --description.

Ticker