logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Question (only): Is mkgmap-default-style Routing by foot/bicycle according to Usecase ?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Mar 25 17:31:45 GMT 2020

Hi Eric,

a routable way with access=no is not the same as a non-routable way.
If the motorway is a line without road_class or road_speed it is not routable.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von AnkEric <eric_internet at casema.nl>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 25. März 2020 18:27
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Question (only): Is mkgmap-default-style Routing by foot/bicycle according to Usecase ?

> reg. 3) are you sure that the motorway is routable in your map

My Map (with or without quotes), is a Bicycle Map ONLY.
All highways are either [bicycle=yes] OR [bicycle=no].
If [bicycle=no] this implies a highway is NOT routable (access=no).
Therefore all the non-routable ways are gray and ignored for routing (by
BaseCamp, GPS and navigator Anke). Simpel; -)
So selecting a vehicle type for routing is not relevant. Exception: routing
by foot on a bicycle map will ignore [oneway=yes]. Which is sometimes a way
out if OSM-Mapping is not correct (oneway=yes without oneway:bicycle=no).

> and that the via points are at the same place?

Yes they are. I Set 2 Waypoints and 1 Viapoint, Create Route and THEN ONLY
Switch Map. And Recalculate Route.

> My understanding is that the Garmin routing algo ignores all restrictions
> when the via or target point is only reachable on a "prohibited" road.

No answer before dinner and I have to think about what you mean... to be
continued...

Eric