logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] type/subtype of points and cities

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Fri Nov 8 11:58:33 GMT 2019

Hi Gerd

Here is patch to do these things.

I can't get find-by-name (ie MDR searches) to work (neither POI nor
Cities), but I don't think it ever has done.

I did a bit of diagnostics and it generates the same MDR sections as a
normal map except it doesn't generate:

Mdr6  zips
Mdr7  street names
Mdr12 index into Mdr11
Mdr20 streets
Mdr22 streets by country

This is as expected except for the missing MDR12. The logic for the
generation of this is in Mdr11:getIndex() and makes no sense, but
hacking it a bit to generate more than 1 record made no difference.

Ticker