logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] crude routing of my gpsmap 276Cx

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Thu Sep 26 09:37:15 BST 2019

Hi

I've found that my eTrex 30x, asking for a shortest distance
car/motorcycle route, will use a road that has mkgmap:car=no as an
intermediate part of of the route rather than a much longer route using
just valid roads. I've only noticed this where the non-car road is very
near the start/end of the route.

For the fastest time routing, I haven't seen this happen.

I'm not sure what the cut-offs are, but maybe its relate to the Garmin
logic that finds the nearest road to the start/end point and uses that,
regardless of the transport mode flags, to get to/from the full road
network.

Ticker