logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Oregon 600 gps crashes often at roundabout

From lig fietser ligfietser at hotmail.com on Sat Jun 22 09:05:53 BST 2019

Yep, I recognize this.
Maybe it had something to do with mutiple routable lines on top of each other at roundabouts. Some devices don't like this and crash. I had to adapt my style, removed the routable line 0x02 (cycling route) on top of the roundabouts and the issue was solved. However, there are still some reports that devices will crash near roundabouts, even there is no cycling route. I have noticed it a few times on my Oregon too, but it does not happen everytime.

________________________________
Van: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> namens Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>
Verzonden: vrijdag 21 juni 2019 11:51
Aan: Development list for mkgmap
Onderwerp: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Oregon 600 gps crashes often at roundabout

I saw this also with the OFM lite style two or three years ago. Since then I use my own version of that style and saw no more crashes, but I was in France or Italy where it happened before.

---- Joris Bo schrieb ----

Hello,

Is somebody familiar with the situation that de Oregon gps device just falls out (fades away, reboot needed) after a couple of meters on a roundabout?

On my recent bike trip in France it happened dozen of times. I’m now looking for a roundabout in my neighbourhood to reproduce the problem more easily so I can fiddle around with some setting and style combinations, but maybe others already recognize the problem.

It even occurred once with only the build in Garmin worldwide map active and all my personal maps on inactive.

My personal maps use (non routable) roundabout overlays besides the 0x0c

It happens on 50%?  of the roundabouts

Firmware 5.50

At the time only 1 map was active

Nice holidays for everybody,