logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Possible If then bug

From nwillink osm at pinns.co.uk on Thu May 30 06:33:10 BST 2019

Hi

I've noticed some unexpected behaviour when using 'if then'

Today, in osm, a polygon can have multiple 'land describing' tags  ie
landuse=grass & natural=wood or landuse=forest and natural=heath etc

To ensure both get parsed I use the following:

if (landuse=* & natural=*) then
# parse natural ; use continue ; delete natural
natural=wood {echotags "wood & transparency"}[0x1101c resolution 18 continue
] #50
# add more natural=
# at end of list delete natural so it doesn't get plotted lower down
natural=* {delete natural}
# continue parsing landuse
end
This works well, however ...

The following url contains one natural=wood and area=yes (sic)
https://www.openstreetmap.org/export#map=17/50.69541/-3.53819

There is no mention of a landuse  and yet this wood gets included asif it
has a  landuse= something tag

Is this because of the area tag?

Nick