logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter option? (or new request)

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Feb 23 17:48:31 GMT 2019

Hi Dave,

no, pbf output compression is hardcoded at the moment. When I introduced o5m output format in splitter it was much faster than pbf but I think the difference is very small now after an update of the pbf libs, esp. the protobuf lib.
Anyway, try output=o5m to find out.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von dave pitney <mappitney at gmail.com>
Gesendet: Samstag, 23. Februar 2019 18:37
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: [mkgmap-dev] splitter option? (or new request)

Hello -

Is there is an option to not compress pbf output files when using splitter?
I use the split files as input to mkgmap.

Osmium has an option "pbf_compression=none" which is placed in the
json file as an option. This increases file size (appx double) but allows
faster file reading/writing.

Given the low cost of storage and the (relatively) high cost of
processing/time this may be a useful splitter option.

I am current using r591.

Thank you,
--
pitney