logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Shouldn't both options --gmapi and --nsis imply --tdbfile?

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Wed Feb 6 20:16:26 GMT 2019

Hi,

I'm against changing defaults for existing options.

I'm in the first group of users, I have scripts with options. A change
of defaults would probably require to change options in my scripts. I'm
afraid I wouldn't catch changes in mkgmap and in many cases I would get
a faulty map without knowing the reason.

For example, I never use --process-destination --process-exits in
scripts, I don't want these features in my maps and I'm not even sure,
if my styles support correctly these options.

I rather suggest to prepare an example of config file, which would
contain recommended options for default style. It could be dedicated to
second group of users.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej