logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Shouldn't both options --gmapi and --nsis imply --tdbfile?

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Tue Feb 5 08:54:07 GMT 2019

Hi

I think it is reasonable that mkgmap, when explicitly being used to
generate GMAPSUPP.IMG doesn't generate PC files unless other options
imply that a PC image is also wanted - it does take extra time and a
lot of memory. Options --gmapi or --tdbfile imply PC files are wanted
and should cause generation of PC indexes if --index is on.

My thoughts on the default values of options:

When new features are introduced, they should be OFF by default -
experts who follow the development can turn them on if they want to
experiment. A while later, when the feature has settled down and is
thought to be generally good, the default should be changed to ON.

Some candidates for now being ON by default

--gmapsupp
--location-autofill=is_in,nearest
--route
--add-pois-to-area
--link-pois-to-ways
--process-exits
--process-destination
--remove-ovm-work-files

maybe also --check_roundabout*, but I'm not sure of the default values
for these and the help text doesn't say

About now would be the time for changing:
--add-boundary-nodes-at-admin-boundaries= from 0 to 2

Regards
Ticker