logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] default style improvements

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Jan 9 15:15:56 GMT 2019

Hi Ticker,

I think that's too much. I'd use
# squares and plazas
place=square [0x17 resolution 22]
highway=pedestrian & (area=yes | mkgmap:mp_created=true) [0x17 resolution 22]
# following rule also renders a closed way without area attribute as a plaza
highway=pedestrian & area!=no [0x17 resolution 22]

I would not comment any of them in the default style and users who really care should be able
to find which one they don't like.

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 8. Januar 2019 17:11
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] default style improvements

Hi

I propose this in 'lines':

# squares and plazas
place=square [0x17 resolution 22]
# squares/plazas are also mapped as highway=pedestrian areas.
# The tag area=yes forces the polygon element to be considered an area and there is an understanding that
# derivation from a multipolygon relation does likewise, hence this is the appropriate rule:
#highway=pedestrian & (area=yes | mkgmap:mp_created=true) [0x17 resolution 22]
# However, many squares are mapped as simple closed ways without any area tag and, to show these, an
# alternative rule is needed, which assumes an area unless explicitly not:
highway=pedestrian & area!=no [0x17 resolution 22]
# Note that this rule will catch polygon elements that might not have been intended to be squares/plazas.
# Only one of the above rules is needed

Is this reasonably clear? should I leave both rules uncommented or comment the other way around?

Ticker

Can it be like this? So I can just comment the second rule to be happy
:)

highway=pedestrian & (area=yes | mkgmap:mp_created=true) [0x17
resolution 22]
# assume that a closed way with highway=pedestrian is meant to describe
an area even if area=yes is missing
highway=pedestrian & area!=no [0x17 resolution 22]

I think it is OK when you add a comment like

Von: mkgmap-dev <
mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk<mailto:mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk>
im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <
rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk<mailto:rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>