logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] default style improvements

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Jan 5 08:43:09 GMT 2019

Hi Ticker,

it would be easier to check if you would not mix simple optical changes (additional/removed blanks) with functional changes ;)
I'd also prefer smaller patches, each one adressing only one problem. This makes it easier to discuss the patch.

1) I do not yet understand the changes regarding area=yes and multipolygons. Can you explain that, please?
2) Why are the rules for food POI moved behind e.g.  tourism=hotel?  I think you often find OSM objects tagged with both amenity=restaurant and tourism=hotel,
and I'd prefer to find both. Probably a case for continue ?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Ticker Berkin <rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2019 17:52
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] default style improvements

Hi Gerd

Here is another patch. I've made the changes as you suggested and the
following changes:

When highway=path is converted into a cycleway or bridleway, add
foot=yes in case the inc/access[_country] rules don't allow foot on the
resultant highway type

Restrict which historic= are shown as polygons. The original patch
widened this too much.

Regards
Ticker