logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter, mapid

From brad bradhaack at fastmail.com on Mon Dec 17 00:47:55 GMT 2018

One thing I think I missed, is that each tile on a garmin device needs a
unique mapid.   A different family-id and mapname for each gmap is not
sufficient.   Does this sound correct?

I'd been downloading US states from Geofabrik, creating maps with unique
family-id, mapname, every name & id that seemed important, (with
mkgmap)  but when I put them on the Garmin they all wouldn't show up.
Only when I went back to the splitter step & used a different mapid did
they all show up.

Sometimes I'm not too good at reading directions,  did I overlook this
someplace?

Brad