logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] default style improvements

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Thu Dec 13 10:54:35 GMT 2018

Hi Gerd

My rationale was to see what highway= tags from various european
countries the default style didn't handle and hence generated:

[0x07 road_class=0 road_speed=0 resolution 23]

and then decide to:

a) explicitly ignore.
b) handle as if they were a well defined highway type,
   with appropriate access control.
c) generate a new line type, with routing as appropriate.
d) allow mop-up as above.

I removed escape/emergency_bay because I didn't think they added
anything useful to routing or the resultant map.

footpath/foot looked like they should be footway or path, but if you
think they should be ignored, I have no problem with that.

What remained after this exercise was a few rubbish tags and lots of
highway={real name of street} and I'd rather have these on my map

The {add horse=xxx} I just changed a bit to be in keeping with what was
there already but happy to delete it.

Ticker