logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Missing addr:place addresses

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Dec 3 15:54:15 GMT 2018

Hi Lorenzo,

attached is a small patch to change mkgmap so that it doesn't try to find a name for unnamed roads with road class > 0 or road speed > 2.
It helps for the problem with way 209592070.
Possible problem:  I also see many roads in this area which are tagged as highway=unclassified which probably should be
tagged highway=service or residential, for example way 582373155.
Another problem is e.g. unnamed way 582525015:
- Some numbers close to it have addr:place=Contrada Castelletta
- One has addr:place=Contrada Spirito Santo addr:housenumber=6 (node 5967518378)
Because of the different addr:place names the road gets two labels:
label0 = "", label1=Contrada Castelletta and label2=Contrada Spirito Santo

Now, when I search in MapSource for Number 6 , Street=Contrada Castelletta I find multiple places,
one is the correct one from node 5993083300, the others are wrong. One of the wrong ones
is the above node 5967518378.
The patch doesn't help here, mkgmap has to split those roads instead of adding multiple labels for different
addr:place values.  Needs more work...