logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Maps no longer working after firmware upgrade?

From ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com on Fri Nov 16 16:41:03 GMT 2018

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 04:15:42PM +0000, Gerd Petermann wrote:
> I think I had those problems with routes after changing the map. Did you try to create a new route?

Well, as there was no map displayed, I couldn't select a point and try
to get a route to it. What I did do was go to a Waypoint and try to
route to that. It failed as I said complaining of no routable map.

Again, as I said earlier, what did seem to work is to select a recent
find, and route to that. It showed a route which was following an OSM
map complete with street names. Of course, the map that it was following
was not shown. But, again, as I said, maybe that was out of some cache
rather than using the current map. I had no way of knowing. Perhaps the
cache held the "track" and the list of names; as in the route display,
or whatever that menu option is.

ael