logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] New branch for default typ file

From Ticker Berkin rwb-mkgmap at jagit.co.uk on Tue Nov 6 09:43:01 GMT 2018

Hi Gerd

It's not the name of the map feature that I'm talking about; rather the
string representation of the type which my device displays, along with
the name, when the map feature is selected.

So, for instance, I'd like to use one of the other the Park
representations, say 0x20, for leisure=garden. In the TYP file I'd like
to set the String for this type, but don't want to override the colour
/ bitmap or whatever representation.

Concerning the background polygon, I want to set it's area to bigger
than the sea area, where the default is set in SeaGenerator.java with
the comment:

/**
 * When order-by-decreasing-area we need all bit of sea to be output
consistently.
 * Unless _draworder changes things, having seaSize as BIG causes
polygons beyond the
 * coastline to be shown. To hide these and have the sea show up to the
high-tide
 * coastline, can set this to be very small instead (or use
_draworder).
 * <p>
 * mkgmap:drawLevel can be used to override this value in the style -
the default style has:
 * natural=sea { add mkgmap:skipSizeFilter=true; set mkgmap:drawLevel=2
} [0x32 resolution 10]
 * which is equivalent to Long.MAX_VALUE-2.
 */
private static final long seaSize = Long.MAX_VALUE-2; // sea is BIG

I don't think having method just used by addBackground adds anything to
clarity. I could put a constant with MAX_VALUE-1 and comment into
MapperBasedMapDataSource instead if you'd prefer

Regards
Ticker