logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] City search problem

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Oct 5 08:23:26 BST 2018

Hi all,

reg. background polygon:
I wonder how this is supposed to work. I see these possibilities:
1) Try to calculate a (multi)polygon using the admin_level=x ways and cut all lines and shapes exactly along the boundaries of the polygon
2) Like 1) but increase the size of the polygon by a given percentage (JOSM has such a function called "Make parallel copies of ways").
3) Let the user specify a (multi)polygon and cut all lines and shapes exactly along the boundaries of the polygon. The user can decide if he wants overlaps or not.

I see one big problem with 1) and 2) : What should happen when the boundaries don't form a polygon? I think we end up with the same problem as in the sea generator, therefore I think 3) is the way to go.

Comments?

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von ValentinAK <valentin_k at inbox.ru>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 4. Oktober 2018 19:42
An: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] City search problem

Hi Gerd,
I appreciate you for this explanation.
Ok, I understand now.
Maybe there is a reason to add another new processing algorithm in Mkgmap?
How I see it:
1. The Splitter is doing its job as it is now. Without any changes.
2. Mkgmap takes a specific the boundary relation or admin_level from the
data or a poly file for the final generation of the background polygon.

This feature in Mkgmap is really lacking!
I do not know how to do it because I am not a programmer. Just an idea.

Best regards,
Valentin