logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Beaches as a polygon

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Oct 4 07:34:03 BST 2018

Hi Joris,

thanks a lot for this offer. I'd like to see a default typ file in the mkgmap source tree.
I have no clear idea about the design. Looking at the existing typ files I guess that we will not find a solution that is accepted by everybody ;-)
Reg. licence: I think all we need is a comment in the txt file that states the copyright, presuming that your file doesn't violate the copyrights of others.

I have no idea how to proceed now. My suggestion: Create a first version and I'll include it in a new mkgmap branch.
Maybe I add some program logic to include the default typ file if apropriate...

Von: mkgmap-dev <mkgmap-dev-bounces at lists.mkgmap.org.uk> im Auftrag von Joris Bo <jorisbo at hotmail.com>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 3. Oktober 2018 16:35
An: Development list for mkgmap
Betreff: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Beaches as a polygon

Hello Andrzej,

>From which perspective are you talking?

For me personal  drawing simple single collored 16 x16 bitmap pixel icons is free for the community. Don't need my name on them, so no need of copyrights from that perspective.

But if they are obvious look a likes of openstreetmap-carto  of course it should not be against their rules. As for as I can see it states that its freely distributable as long as you mention them .

Link to openstreetmap carto on github
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto)
Link to their license page
https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/blob/master/LICENSE.txt